About Us & Announcements
Dear Actors, Families, and Patrons,
After 25 years of entertaining you at our downtown location we are now Performing in Draper at 12366 S 900 W. Draper, UT during 2021 (Draper Historic Theatre).
We look forward to continuing entertaining you and your family with our unique brand of comedy and humor at The Off Broadway Theatre.
Sandy & Eric Jensen, Co-Founders
How did OBT respond to COVID-19?
We have followed each development closely and taken each of the recommended precautions immediately to ensure the safety and health of our patrons, actors and crew.
What are you doing for your actors and staff?
The only thing we can do for our actors and staff is to keep them safe by following our government’s guidelines and get back up and running as fast as possible once allowed. In the meantime, our artistic director, executive director, and board of trustees have been tireless looking for a permanent space to be our new home. The artistic director has been organizing costumes, props and building the set for Cutie and the Beast schedule to open in August. As soon as the government allows, we will start our next production.
We’re open in Draper Now!
Come see us at the Draper Historic Theatre where Off Broadway Theatre puts on 6 shows a year! Catch us now and see our 2021 line-up! OBT fever, catch it!
How can patrons assist the OBT in these times?
Several patrons have asked us how to help during these difficult times.
- Donate to the OBT though our webpage by clicking on donate now
- Send your donations in with a check to The Off Broadway Theatre at P. O. Box 2198 SLC, UT 84110.
The Off Broadway Theatre (OBT) is Salt Lake’s hot spot for comedy. We opened in 1994, performing family-friendly parodies, traditional plays, musicals, and live improv comedy shows. We are a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. Our audiences get a chance to see a unique brand of comedy in both the plays and the improv shows throughout the year.
The mission of the Off Broadway Theatre is to enrich the Wasatch Front by inspiring laughter, developing talents, and fostering learning through the creative expression of the theatrical arts. We fulfill this mission by:
- Presenting family-friendly original parodies, improvisational comedy, and other wholesome entertainment for audiences in our theatre and at local schools, youth organizations, hospitals, etc.;
- Providing opportunities for aspiring playwrights, actors, directors, stage technicians, and volunteers to learn and develop their skills—opportunities rarely found elsewhere in Utah theaters;
- Teaching acting, speaking, and improvisation classes—important, transferable skills for success and self-esteem—to local youth, both at the theatre and at their schools.